Research and Benefits of Music
Benefits of Singing and Music Education
- The Benefits of Playing Music Help Your Brain More Than Any Other Activity
- Renee Fleming and Friends Share Breathing Exercises to Restore Health.
- Choir of Alzheimer’s Patients Sings Tunes from Memory
- Does Music Education Impact Other Abilities?
- Singing for Lung Health (video)
- How Opera Singers Treat Long COVID Patients (video)
- The Benefits of Music Education (PDF)
Interesting Research Findings Related to Singing
- Singing Tips: Have a Certain Skull Shape, and Other Science Behind Carrying a Tune
- TED Talks: Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are (video)
- www.vocapedia.info – This extensive database of singing and the science of voice features audio, video and text resources from leading experts around the world.
- Understanding Mouth Anatomy: Tips for Singers
- Why Are Opera Singers Hard to Understand?
University of Alberta Develops Revolutionary Voice Technique
David Ley, Professor of Drama, University of Alberta, identifies how he developed a revolutionary voice technique using a small hand-held vibrator applied to specific points on the head and neck to reduce tension associated with vocal stress.
Contact us for more information about voice coaching or piano lessons in Calgary
“It is never about how good your voice is; it is only about feeling the urge to sing, and then having the courage to do it with the voice you are given.”
~ Elizabeth Berg